Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tidbits and Thoughts

I've been very busy lately with work demands, March Madness and family matters. Thus, I've not had the time to post anything of relevance lately. However, I'm working on several topics that I'll be posting soon. One of the drawbacks to having your own blog, is not always having the time to devote to it that you'd like. I'd posted earlier that I had yet to have the time to watch the Fiscal Court meeting from March 17th on Channel 25, and so far, the best I've been able to do is catch parts of it. Hopefully, this weekend I can watch it from start to finish and then post my thoughts on the meeting.

Scott Hack from the website oldhamcountywired.com/ has notified me of a potential lunch meeting that he's invited various Oldham County bloggers to this coming Saturday, April 4th. If I can work my schedule out, I hope to attend and meet in person some of my fellow scribes. While we all come from different paths that have led us to create blogs/websites regarding Oldham County, I think it would be good to meet and create a dialogue between ourselves. Maybe then, we can each understand our various backgrounds, reasons for blogging, etc. Certainly, we won't ever all see eye to eye on various topics, and may disagree (sometimes strongly perhaps) on some issues, but hopefully we can all remain respectful of each other and the entitlement we have to voicing our opinions.

Since I am not affiliated with any county office holder (past or present), or potential candidate in the future, I want to once again clearly state that I have chosen to voice my opinions via this blog because I am sick of the state of affairs in Oldham County government, especially with Fiscal Court as a whole. The Republican-led domination of county government is damaging Oldham County. We are being taxed over and over, with no true consideration of the working people of this great county. Smug comments during Fiscal Court meetings, facial expressions and body language say a lot about those that sit behind the microphones during meetings.

There are members of Fiscal Court that need to step aside. We need a Fiscal Court inhabited by people with fresh ideas and a "think outside the box" mentality running things...because "business as usual" is creating a backlash that I hope will be felt at the polls next year. We need new and truly progressive leadership...not people in the pockets of developers and special interest types. Yes, it sounds like more political catch phrases, but it's the truth people. We need to unite and bring change to the way things are done.

The status quo has been steadily bringing this county to its knees. There are those of us who would rather see this county continue to grow slowly and properly, with fair guidelines for all and with a government that is open, honest, efficient and representative of all people, not just the select few.

Finally, congratulations to the U of L Cardinals...the men's team for making it to the Elite Eight and the women's team for advancing to the Final Four this weekend in St. Louis. The men's team showed class and poise all season and have set the bar high for next year's squad. The women's team has been an absolute joy to watch and here's wishing them the best this weekend.
It's a great time to be a Cardinal fan!
As for the coaching change at UK, don't even get me started...

The Oldham Observer

No comments:

Post a Comment