Monday, May 17, 2010

DAVID VOEGELE for County Judge/Executive

The choice is clear for tomorrow's Primary Election in Oldham County in the race for County Judge/Executive:

DAVID VOEGELE !

The current 2nd District Magistrate is far and above the ONLY choice to lead our county into the future.

http://http://oldhamcountyusa.com/index.htm

Now, just to be clear to everyone:

In the past, I have been accused of setting up this blogsite to promote David Voegele, and it was even stated that he was behind this site. Nothing could have been further from the truth !

First of all, I am a proud registered Democrat and can't even vote for him until November.

Secondly, it has been alledged in the past that we knew each other. Again, not true.

About three weeks ago, I was traveling down Highway 146 back into Crestwood, and happened to see Mr. Voegele sitting on the side of the road in his truck, with campaign signs promoting his race. I pulled over, stopped my vehicle and walked over to him to introduce myself as an Oldham County resident and voter. (I surely hadn't seen Paula Gish out on the roadsides campaigning in my travels across the county.)

He spent about a half hour talking with me about various topics and issues, and when we parted ways, I became even more convinced that he is the ONLY choice to lead Oldham County into the next four years.

Let me be clear, that meeting was our first encounter of any kind. And yes, for the inquiring minds, I did reveal myself as "The Oldham Observer" to him late into our friendly conversation.

How nice that he took the time to listen to me, before the "reveal", answered my questions, and all the time, he knew upfront that I am a registered Democrat and couldn't even vote for him until November.

We discussed other topics as well, outside the scope of the issues, and I found Mr. Voegele to be a man I would feel very confident in leading our county and moving things forward. It's also nice to know that he has steadfastly refused any campaign contributions from developers.

Mr. Voegele has riled some folks up over the past 3-1/2 years on Fiscal Court, and rightfully so. He has spoken time and time again for the "regular" people of Oldham County, opposed tax and fee increases on us all, and asked the tough questions, even in the face of being outnumbered by the "old school" Republicans on Fiscal Court. His attitude and demeanor bode well for our future.

He is highly qualified to lead our county...and here's hoping that tomorrow, the Republicans in this county will make the right choice, and move Mr. Voegele from his seat on one far end of the courtroom to the center seat.

DAVID VOEGELE for OLDHAM COUNTY JUDGE/EXECUTIVE !

I've said all along that "Change is Coming"...let's hope that it begins with tomorrow's election results !

No comments:

Post a Comment